Sunday, December 30, 2012

Shooting in Low Light

On Friday I planned a set time for whoever wanted to come of some of my friends for a photo shoot. There was a lot of interest but only one person came.. which I was ok with, because really, Chelsea was so much fun to photograph and I didn't have to worry about fitting anyone else in. My photographer's eye loved Chelsea as a model!
I asked her to meet me at Maymont Park and we met near the petting zoo/ barn. Unfortunately it was a overcast Friday which is actually my preferred lighting for portraits because of the nice even natural light I get, but since the sun sets early these days and it was already 4 it was too dark to shoot hand held with the lenses I currently own. Enter my faithful sturdy tripod and sweet little Nikon remote shutter release. Over all it was a great and fun challenge to still get nicely exposed shots without motion blur since the shutter release speed was set so low. I shot all the images of Chelsea with my nikkor lense set to 50mm as I'm testing it out to see if I want to invest in the hefty price of a fixed 50mm lense. Thank you so much for coming and being a model for me Chelsea! I had so much fun and you are a beauty inside and out!!

1 comment:

  1. Great tips and a beautiful subject! Thank you for sharing.

    Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete