Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Week In Review - When I turned 25

This week was pretty significant for me. My 25th birthday happened! 
Birthdays in general are something I always look forward to and get excited about, but this one, I will be honest I was rather apprehensive about. 
25 to me is a much bigger deal, now that I've reached it than, 18 or 21 ever was. 25 is 5 years away from being 30. A quarter century. 25 is heading out of the young 20 something and into the more adult years. Something I feel very aware of especially within this past year. To be completely honest, I lived 24, at least the last half of it with this big 2 5 looming over it and worrying and freaking out a bit. Now that I'm here I have no idea why. Its not as if I suddenly feel different. But there does seem to be a growing awareness that has been happening within this last year that while I am definitely and unarguably still very young and have my whole life ahead of me, I am also heading into those years of more independence, more responsibility, and hopefully some growth and maturity as well. 

Needless to say, it was a great week. One that really didn't worry to much about the day until it arrived, yesterday to be exact on the 26th of January when suddenly I wasn't 24 anymore. I have to say I am delighted, excited and full of expectation about the year to come. 2013 has been a great year for me so far and I expect 25 to hold bigger and better both in challenge and in accomplishment.

Ok, so what I did this week included
Going to see Alpacas! See more HERE!
More healthy eating and losing weight!
Lots of time in the pottery studio!
And a few healthy lunches at said studio!
Dreaming of Snow.
Getting SNOW on the Eve of my Birthday!!!
Going exploring in the snow!
Some great Goodwill finds!
and of course.. My 25th Birthday! Which included the pretty orange elephant as a gift from my mom from a local Antique Shop!!


1 comment:

  1. From when I first looked in your eyes my little Rosebud I knew we would be a hit! I love you so much and I am so filled with joy to have you in particular as my daughter.

    ReplyDelete