Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Habana Cafe

There is a restaurant in Gulfport that has been around since I was a kid. 
Restaurants in Gulfport tend to open and close. So I was really glad to see it was still open as I passed it by the day I drove into Gulfport to visit this May. My brother and I always loved going to Habana Cafe because they have the yummiest fried plantains and being a kid from Virginia.. that just wasn't something we saw very often!
(Above Photo sourced from Google Images)
  
We went there for lunch after going to the Dali Museum the next day and I had probably one of the most delicious meals I've ever eaten. 
No lie, it was so good. And I think the reason it was, is because of its simplicity!


I literally cannot describe how perfectly delicious this meal was. Shrimp in a light lemon butter sauce with rice, fried plantains, cuban bread (yes I actually ate some gluten) and savory soupy black beans. I savored every bite. The gluten factor of the bread was totally worth it even though had I skipped it, everything else was gluten free. 

Yum! Now I need to set out ot try to recreate this goodness at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment