So one of my favorite things to do on vacation is... eat in! Yeah, seriously, I do enjoy the occasional meal out, like the scrumptious Lobster dinner I had while eating out tonight! But mostly, i enjoy having the time and leisure to cook whatever I want while on vacation and not worry about having it all ready and on the table by like during the work week for my family.
Here in upstate NY the veggies always seem extra packed with flavor and sweetness because of the shorter growing season... maybe its my imagination but seriously, I look forward to the road side farmers stands in the Adirondacks all year long!
So a few nights ago I made a simple Shrimp Pasta with some delicious and sweet tomatoes. Mom and I ate on the back porch enjoying the sparkly view of the lake visible in little blips through the filter of trees.
30 Minute Shrimp Pasta:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
1/2 bag 25-30 count size shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 package Quinoa Pasta (12 oz)
1/2 bag Baby Spinach
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1 juicy fresh large tomato
1. Thaw shrimp in cold water- may need to empty and refill with cold water again after 10 minutes. (Peel and devein if not already)
2. Fill large stock pot with water to 3/4. Put on stove to boil
3. Mince Garlic and place in large skillet with butter and olive oil, heat to low-medium.
4. Place pasta in boiling water to cook.
5. Once garlic and butter/olive oil has cooked 3-4 minutes, add shrimp.
6. Cook shrimp over medium heat til just pink, add all the baby spinach and let shrimp continue to cook while spinach wilts.
7. Once pasta is cooked drain.
8. Toss pasta in skillet with shrimp and spinach. Salt and pepper to taste. Add diced tomato and toss to distrubute evenly.
9. Plate and serve with parmigiano!