Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My 1st Wholesale Order!

So I actually got this order back in the beginning of April, but it is now finished and ready to share! 


After doing my 1st show back in March I received an order for 10 yarn bowls from one of the other vendors who was there and runs a fiber mill! Fortunately she didn't need them til June so I was able to approach my 1st big order with some time and thought. I threw 14 bowls so I would have some cushion for any mishaps like broken bisque, over fired kiln or warp. Of the 14... one of them broke in bisque (its fixable but a project for later) and one of them really warped in the kiln so I had 12 good bowls to choose from! Perfect! 

Here's some of them in greenware stage drying on the shelf waiting for bisque fire. 


And now all 13 of the ones that made it glazed and ready to be downsized to 10 and packed up!




Here are a few up close! 




It was a fun challenge and gave me a much better idea of how working on a wholesale scale works. And I am now on the hunt for my own Kiln so I can have better control of my roll over time even though the studio where I work was and has always been very accommodating to me and other artist who sell their work.

So if you like what you see and would like to order something, please don't hesitate to ask me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment