Monday, February 4, 2013

Black and White


Oh how I miss having a dark room to use! There is just something so magical and intimate about taking photos and trusting your instinct, not relying on an LCD screen to double check and then seeing those images for the very 1st time in a nearly pitch black room as they slowly develop on paper. Honestly, I love the convenience and creativity I can use with my DSLR and Photoshop, but nothing will ever fully replace the satisfaction of seeing that image unfurl under liquid in darkness. 

I haven't had a place to develop film or photographs since college and someday hope to again, but for now I thought I'd share some of my last developed images from college that I scanned into digital form.
They were taken with my Nikon FM2 on 35mm 400 speed  black and white film.

All items depicted are special treasures from both sets of grandparents. 


 
Costume Pearl's on Thrifted Teacup

 
Photo's of my Nana and Grandfather's Parents, Lockets of My Grandmother's

 
My Great Great Grandmother's "Engraved Silver Powder Box"

"Lacey Edges" of My Grandmother's childhood linen nightgowns

One of my favorite places to shoot in Fredericksburg- Slaughter Pen Farm
Its a historic Battle Field that has beautiful post Civil War farm buildings on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment